Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Spellbinder & Die Storage

LOVE my Grand Calibur and Spellbinder dies!!!
BUT they don't do you any good if you can't find them.

I have tried several options.
The first think I tried was a chipboard book I made with binder rings and
strips of magnetic tape.

This worked great when I only had a few dies.

NOW that would be a crazy huge book....so

I am using a "filing system"




Each die set is in a large paper envelope. On the envelope is the name of the die, the number and pic if I have it.
I have them in numerical order.
Why numerical order
#1. They do tend to be grouped by category that way (mostly)
#2. Ease of reference is I use them in a supply list for Scrap n' Art magazine
#3. Easy to find with my catalog reference book

So here are some closer pics of "filing system"




Here is the "Catalog Reference Book"








I have my embossing folders placed in here in a similar fashion.
They are in numerical order smaller ones in front of the large ones.




These are also in the binder.
For double sided embossing folders - in the catalog I have them side by side.
The white paper under plastic was hard to see, so for most I did a little inking just so the
pattern was more obvious..



These both fit on a standard bookshelf along with my Grand Calibur and plates
(pic to be added)

My stamps are being organized in a similar fashion right now....keep an eye out for that in the next week or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

pages